A PDF Converter to help you create PDF documents from any application – and it’s free (and open source)
The CC PDF converter (beta) is a free (open source) application that enables you to create PDF documents from almost any application (Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and more). The CC PDF Converter also allows you to easily embed a creative commons license in your PDF file.
Why You Should Publish your PDF with a Creative Commons License
Spread your message wider and faster
If you want the contents of your PDF document to remain a secret, then a creative commons license is a bad idea. This is because publishing your PDF under a Creative Commons license allows colleagues, bloggers, social media sites and even newspapers to republish your work and create new content based on It as long as they clearly state that you are the creator.
This way, your work gets spread around much faster and you retain the credit for it.
Get commercial benefits if your work becomes popular
If you want to be able to profit from your PDF content and still use the Internet’s amazing ability to spread free-content, you can publish your work under a Non-Commercial Creative Commons license.
This way, when your work becomes popular and commercial entities want to use it, they have to get your permission (and hopefully pay for it).
You can learn more about the Creative Commons at www.creativecommons.org
Source code for the CC PDF Converter is available as a zip file here, or browse through it here.
The code is written in C++, and includes project files for Microsoft Visual Studio 6. Additional source files for libraries used to compile the source are needed from different locations; the links to those sites are detailed in the ‘Building.txt’ file that can be found in the archive.
CC PDF Converter uses the following open source projects:
- Redmon, a port monitor redirector (slightly patched)
- GhostScript, used to create PDF files from the print PostScript output (with a minor addition)
- libPNG and zlib, to display PNG images and to put license images into the document
- XMLite, a simple XML parser by Kyung-min Cho, slightly modified
- and SQLite, an lightweight embedded database engine to access the local license database
The CC PDF Converter and its source code is licensed under GPL.
Bookmark this at del.icio.us
Free PDF Printer
Works with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
and Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003
The Bullzip PDF Printer works as a Microsoft Windows printer and allows you to write PDF documents from virtually any Microsoft Windows application.
This program is FREEWARE with limitations, which means that there is a FREE version for personal and commercial use up to 10 users. It does not contain any advertising or popups. For commercial applications with more than 10 users there are commercial versions available with advanced features.
- Print to PDF from almost any Windows program.
- Supports 64-bit operating systems.
- Direct output to the same file each time or prompt for destination.
- Control if the printer should ask if you want to see the resulting PDF document.
- Control output and prompts programmatically.
- Setup can run unattended.
- Graphical user interface.
- Password protect PDF documents.
- AES 256/128 bit encryption and standard 128/40 bit encryption.
- Quality settings (screen, printer, ebook, prepress).
- Set document properties.
- Watermark text, size, rotation, and transparency.
- Superimpose/background documents.
- Appending/prepending documents.
- User interface control.
- Linearized PDF documents for fast web view.
- PDF/A-1b support for long time storage of PDF documents.
- Signing of PDF documents using digital certificates.
- Command line interface to all settings.
- COM/ActiveX interface for programmatic control.
- Microsoft.NET API for C#, VB.NET, and other .NET development.
- Support for Citrix MetaFrame
- Support for Windows Terminal Server and RDP
- Multiple output types supported: BMP, JPEG, PCX, PDF, PNG, and TIFF.
- Upload document using FTP or SFTP protocol.
Download and Installation
The installation of this program is very simple. Just follow the few steps listed here:
- Download the latest stable PDF Printer (7.6 MB).
Go to download page
- Run the setup program.
When the setup has completed you will have a printer called Bullzip PDF Printer. Now you are ready to print from your other applications.
During the installation it will check if you have all the components needed to run the software. If some of the required componets such as GPL Ghostscript are missing, it will suggest to download and install them for you.
If you later want to uninstall the program you can do so through the Add or Remove programs feature of Microsoft Windows.
If you want to have an MSI package for the setup program then we can recommend the enterprise edition or show you how to build you own customized MSI package for Windows Installer.
The users of this product have translated it to their local language. Below you can see the current status of the translations. If your language is incomplete or missing, you are welcome to help us translate the missing texts. more...
How-To Make a Translation
You can complete an existing translation or create a new translation.
- First you download the Excel file from the link below.
- Locate the column with the language that you want to complete. If your language is not listed then you just add a new column and write the name of your language. You don't have to fill in the rest of the codes in the green header fields. The information in those fields will be updated by us using our culture information.
- Create your translations in the selected column.
- Save and email the Excel file to . Please include a small description of what you have translated.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP
- GPL Ghostscript 9.10 or later
- Xpdf (optional)
- PDF Power Tool (optional)
Ghostscript is a free open source program that is able to convert PostScript to PDF files. It is distributed under the GNU General Public License. More information about Ghostscript is available here.
Download light weight Ghostscript distribution here (14.8 MB)
Download light weight Xpdf distribution here (1.0 MB)
Download PDF Power Tool (2.2 MB)
If you still run Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000, you can can find help in the short PDF Printer on Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 guide.
Before you dive into the FAQ section you may want to take a quick look at the general license information.
How do I install my license?
You can read more about installing your license in the documentation.
How do you count the number of users?
A normal desktop or laptop computer counts as one user. If you install it on a Terminal or Citrix server then the number of users is the total number of users with a login to that server.
Can we use it for educational or non-profit organizations?
There are licensing models for both educational and non-profit organizations. Both license types are heavily discounted but not free. They are designed in a way where you do not have to keep track of the number of user and they can be used by both students and employees.
I'm a software developer and want to redistribute the PDF Printer with my own software. Do I need a license for that?
You need a redistribution license if you want to redistribute the PDF Printer on your own redistribution media. This could be a DVD or your web site. A redistribution license offers a royalty free redistribution model, which is what most software companies want. The alternative to a redistribution license is to send your users to this web page to download the program themselves. In this model your users are subject to the normal license conditions and must buy a license if they have more than 10 users per company.
What is the difference between the Bullzip PDF Printer and the bioPDF PDF Writer?
There is no major technical difference between the two products. The products are branded differently and the bioPDF version is meant for the commercial market. Both versions are supported by the same group of people. However, support for the commercial version is prioritized over the free version.
Read more about the difference between Bullzip and bioPDF.
You can find a couple of video guides at the Bullzip YouTube channel.
One of our partners has supplied a free set of training videos for the Bullzip PDF Printer. Visit their web site to get access to the videos.
If you want to merge PDF files or rearrange pages then you should look at our PDF Studio program. Wiht PDF Studio, you can
- Merge PDF files
- Rearrange pages
- Copy pages
- Delete pages
- View and search PDF files
- Command line PDF print
Version history RSS Feed
Bullzip PDF Printer - Version History
- Open an email with the new PDF attached.
- Suppress errors when running in non interactive mode such as service accounts.
- More paper sizes in XPS mode.
- Updated translations
- Abort print job if user in not interactive and dialogs should be shown.
- PrintToPrinter features fixed for running as a shared network printer.
- Fix for size of background PDF when running as a shared network printer.
- Updated translation for Portuguese (Brazil).
- Runonce configuration files are now picked up as soon as the spooler starts spooling print job to the printer port.
- User interface is now DPI aware. Fonts look nicer in different screen resolutions.
- Fix for running as a shared printer. Some print jobs looked different when comming from a shared printer.
- GUITimeout setting -1 problem fixed by keeping the document collector running until the GUI has finished processing the job.
- Support for XPS based printer drivers as an alternative to Postscript. This provides better Unicode support.
- Handles error where a configuration with an encrypted password is moved to another machine.
- Updated translations for Traditional Chinese, Greek, Russian, and Slovak
- Click on balloon notification to open PDF location.
- Trial message is now a link for more information.
- Unicode font support brought back to previous level.
- Document Collector program added to help merge documents.
- Text extraction was improved.
- FIPS compliance detection added for new operating systems.
- GUITimeout defaults to 0 for better performance on multi user systems.
- Application crashes caused by DEVMODE structure was fixed.
- Shows an error if you are trying to use the program as a PDF reader.
- Shows license type on about page.
- Shows printer window in task bar.
- Defaults to 300 DPI instead of 600 DPI for smaller output files.
- New Merge function in API that supports font embedding.
- Updated translations.
- HTTP/HTTPS upload feature added.
- Security updates.
- Enhanced special character support in PDF passwords.
- New macro <outputpath> for the full path of the output file.
- New setting 'textfilename' to save the content of the print job as text.
- New setting 'textformat' controls if the text file is formatted as Unicode or UTF8.
- Fix for encryption of PDF versions lower than 1.4.
- Default GUI timeout was changed from 0 to 10 minutes for a better merging experience.
- New /NOTOOLS switch for the installer can skip all dependencies.
- VB Script macros now require the ALLOWEXECUTE flag to run when the macrodir setting is used.
- Fix for commercial distiller PPD to enhance compatibility.
- Fix for job names on printer queue when sending output to another printer.
- Installs on Windows Server 2016 Preview 4.
- Updated translations.
- User interface load time performance improvements.
- Updated translations.
- Another false positive detection in Norton AV and Symantech EndPoint.
- Fix for a false positive detection in Norton AV.
- Microsoft.NET API encryption changed to support Dynamics NAV server on Windows 10.
- Performance improvements to compensate for changes in Microsoft Security Essentials and EndPoint.
- Ignore empty registry settings.
- Updated translations.
- Another false positive virus detection removed.
- Uninstallation of Xpdf fixed.
- False positive virus detection removed.
- Create Microsoft Word documents from print jobs.
- New function GetWindowsDefaultPrinterName in PdfUtil API assembly.
- Support for commercial distiller on file systems without short names.
- Experimental support for PDF/A-3b format.
- Fixes file time stamp for attached files.
- Print to printer after output is created.
- AllowExecute setting added to the registry to improve security.
- Fix for uninstalling program specific event log.
- Fix to disable image compression with commercial distiller.
- Commercial distiller now uses Flate image compression by default.
- New image compression settings (ImageCompressionLevel, ImageCompressionType, ImageCompressionQuality) for commercial distiller.
- PrinterName context variable added for VBS macros.
- Fixes problem with save as dialog selection being lost.
- Fix for Korean Unicode license decoding.
- New smarttitlefind and smarttitlereplace settings to control file name suggestion.
- New setup command line switch USEDOTNET20 to force the use of Microsoft.NET 2.0.
- Remember last used option set with support for hidden dialogs.
- Fixes for systems without support for 8.3 file name creation.
- Escaping of characters fixed for job specific runonce file naming.
- COM API method Merge2 added to supported merging from VB Script.
- Improved support for file names with regional characters in the Merge function.
- Write status file if AfterPrintProgram or RunOnError fails.
- Updated translations: Swedish, Slovenian, Urdu
- Handles PostScript jobs larger than 2GB.
- New hideoptiontabs setting to control which tabs are visible in the options dialog.
- Fix for hiding run action error dialog in silent mode.
- Works with Windows 10 Technical Preview.
- Improvements for non-interactive users.
- New installer switch: PostScriptLanguageLevel to control the language level of the driver.
- New installer switch: PostScriptOutputOption to control the output options of the driver.
- New installer switch: DPI to control the default resolution of the driver.
- New installer switch: AdvancedFeatures to enable or disable the advanced features of the PostScript driver.
- Fix of possible deadlock when reading error output from programs.
- New /SPOOLERCONTEXT setup command line switch for easier installation with services such as IIS.
- Advanced features of Postscript driver were disabled to fix left to right (LTR) printing issues.
- Registration of msscript.ocx during installation was moved to 64-bit context when possible to avoid access error (0x5) problems.
- Fixes problems with detection of installed Ghostscript.
- New ICC profile for better PDF/A compatibility.
- Support for different PDF versions in PDF/A creation.
- Now uses ps2write device for PostScript generation with Ghostscript.
- More paper sizes added.
- Translation updates: Polish, Slovak.
- Support for Ghostscript 9.14 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Fixes installation error: Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000704). The specified port is unknown.
- FIPS compliant. Works with United States Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) validation enabled.
- AES 128 bit encryption is now supported with the commercial distiller.
- Support for
- New macro tags: <printername>, <commonapplicationdata>, and <localapplicationdata>.
- New /SHARE switch for the setup program to enable network sharing on print servers.
- Improved port monitor reports errors to the event log.
- Fixed copying sample configuration files for custom printer names.
- Context menus now support Unicode.
- New LicenseData setting to hold a base64 encoded license string.
- New IgnoreCopies setting to make only one copy of a document in the PDF instead of the specified number in the print job.
- New FastTrack setting for fast image creation. Many features are ignored in fast track mode.
- New Producer setting to set PDF Producer property.
- New Creator setting to set Application property in the PDF.
- Font compression enabled for PDF/A to reduce file size.
- Default PDF/A color space changed to RGB.
- Administrators can now use the printer on a remote connection without a professional license.
- Supports hard coded license levels in redistribution builds.
- New PDF command line tool for merging and printing PDF documents.
- Fix for temporary paths with Unicode characters.
- Fix for systems with multiple copies of the same font.
- Fix for not remembering the last output device.
- Commercial distiller uses standard encoded fonts.
- Install option to override default TrueTypeDownload setting.
- Produces smaller PDF/A documents.
- Performance tuning through GSGarbageCollection setting.
- Toolbar removed from free version.
- Improved color support in PDF/A-1b documents.
- New setting to change the ICC profile for smaller PDF/A-1b documents.
- Option dialog now supports FTP, and SFTP uploads.
- Option dialog now supports running programs on success and error.
- Option dialog now supports running program after processing a print job.
- Default RunOnSuccessMode, RunOnErrorMode, and AfterprintProgramMode changed from Hide to Normal.
- New API method to print PDF documents to a specific Windows printer.
- New support for AES 128 and AES 256 bit encryption of PDF documents.
- New setting to control confirmations of folder creation.
- Advanced option dialog with buttons to edit global.ini, print a test page, and more.
- New options dialog tabs for file upload, running programs, and signing with digital certificates.
- Supported Ghostscript version is now 9.10 or later.
- Supported PDF Power Tool version is now 220.127.116.11 or later.
- Improved Unicode support.
- Belarusian translation added.
- New pagecount macro that inserts the number of pages in the print job.
- New experimental PdfUtil.PrintPdf function in API.
- More Unicode stuff.
- Greatly enhanced Unicode support in user interface.
- New settings to upload the result to FTP or SFTP servers.
- One MSI package for both silent and non-silent installation.
- Does not set the installed printer as default unless no default printer was selected by the user.
- Additional registry cleanup in uninstaller.
- Cleanup of failed print jobs.
- Support for Ghostscript 9.10.
- Color model setting to force RBB, CMYK, or Grayscale.
- Updated translations.
- Support Windows 2000 was discontinued.
- Support for Windows 8.1 Preview.
- Image compression is turned on by default.
- Image compression setting can be changed from the user interface.
- Digitally sign PDF files using certificates in the certificate store.
- New settings: SignThumbprint, SignStoreName, and SignStoreLocation.
- Improved uninstall routine for cleaner uninstall.
- Image compression is turned off by default for better quality.
- New setting 'imagecompression=yes|no' added to control image compression.
- GUI encrypts owner and user passwords in configuration files.
- Path to status file can now be passed as %4 to programs used in 'AfterPrintProgram', 'RunOnSuccess', and 'RunOnError'.
- Default ICC color profile was changed for PDF/A-1b compatibility.
- Improved setup for Windows XP machines.
- Fixes loading of option sets with different device settings.
- More robust installer that handles problem when HP drivers are not installing correctly (error 0x00000002).
- Additional GUI improvements and localization.
- More improvements for the sponsor offer screen to clarify the options.
- Fix in the sponsor offer screen to make it more clear how not to install the offer.
- Minor layout issues with high screen DPI settings fixed.
- Improved quality and file size in superimpose operations.
- Locates Xpdf and Ghostscript Lite packs outside the printer's application folder.
- Much improved MSI files for distribution via Group Policy Objects.
- MSI package changed to preserve the default printer and suppress message boxes.
- Bug Radar removed from Windows 8 Start Menu.
- Product split in three different versions (free, pro, and enterprise).
- AVG sponsors the free download with an optional offering.
- Change user interface language for specific users.
- Support for PDF compatibility level 1.7.
- New <counter> macro.
- New <ticks> macro.
- New <now> macro.
- Shell execute mode support for RunOnSuccess, RunOnError, and AfterPrintProgram.
- Max size of custom pages was increased to 1000 by 1000 inches.
- Built using Visual Studio 2012.
- OwnerPassword and UserPassword settings now support macros.
- New macro
- New macro
- Support for attaching files inside the PDF document.
- New PrinterVersion property in PdfSettings API.
- Silent MSI package.
- Support for Windows Server 2012.
- Support for Windwos 8 RTM was added.
- Support for Windows 8 Consumer Preview was removed.
- Print from Metro style applicaitons in Windwos 8.
- New /SourceDir setup prarameter.
- Improved embedding of fonts.
- Register assemblies for use with Visual Studio 2010.
- Samples of global.ini, defaults.ini, and settings.ini are installed.
- Changes in license file.
- Print encrypted documents.
- New settings EmbedAllFonts and SubsetFonts.
- Writes a job.ini file with print job information in the printer's temp folder.
- Support for Windows 8 Consumer Preview 32 bit (x86).
- Support for Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64 bit (x64).
- Discontinued support for Windows 8 Developer Preview.
- Commercial version without Ghostscript dependency available on request.
- Internal API functions isolated in PdfInternal interface.
- Improved uninstaller.
- Updated translations.
- Minor tweaks.
- Support for both Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 and 4.0.
- Updated translations.
- Minor tweaks.
- Works with Windows 8 (Developers Preview).
- Support for Microsoft.NET Framework 4.
- Fix for writing configuration files.
- GSLite updated to version 9.04.
- Updated translations.
- Control the priority class of the PDF processes.
- Limited support for PStill converter was added.
- Debugging feature named BugRadar was added.
- Minor fixes since the beta version 18.104.22.1688
- Modifications in the parameter exchange with customized GUI.
- CustomGui setting now holds a command line instead of only the executable.
- Many translations were updated.
- You will now get multiple copies of the document inside the same PDF if you set the number of copies in the printing dialog.
- Now supports re-distilling of encrypted PDF documents. This requires that you are the owner of the content.
- Multiple option sets can now be defined. This enables you to select between sets of preconfigured settings when you create your PDF documents.
- Append to the output file if it already exists.
- Support for 64 bit Ghostscript 9.01.
- Better cleanup during uninstall.
- Advanced customization feature where you can replace the GUI with your own executable file made in your favorite programming language.
- Fix for background syntax. There was a problem with the notation such as <F1> when used together with the pdftk.exe
- Support for Ghostscript 9.00
- Fix for runtime error 438 when the file name field in settings.ini is empty.
- Support for custom license agreements.
- New MacroScriptTimeout setting to control the script timeout when running VB Script macros.
- New MacroAllowUI setting to control the display of message boxes when running VB Script macros.
- New context value AppPath when running VB Script macros.
- Support for pdftk in superimpose operations.
- Lists only local printers when running the options dialog. Mapped printers are not shown in Citrix and Terminal Server sessions.
- Macros can abort the process by setting the Abort to true in the context dictionary.
- Scripting engine is only initialized if macro files are present.
- Updated translations (Arabic, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Dutch, Hebrew, Hungarian, Kannada, Lithuanian, Slovak)
- RunOnError registry setting added for error handling by the printer port.
- TempFolder registry setting added for control of temporary folder for the printer port.
- Smarttitle macro updated to filter out the [Compatibility Mode] tag in Microsoft Office.
- New registry settings 'Disable Impersonation', 'Application Data', 'Common Application Data' and 'Local Application Data' were added to improve printing from IIS and sharing the printer on the network.
- Malay language was added.
- Updated translations (Czech, Arabic, Japanese, Russian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Spanish, Catalan, Korean)
- New job specific runonce files of the form runonce_documentname.ini.
- Forces that error meszsages are suppressed when the user is a service account ending with a $ sign.
- New runonce command line parameter for gui.exe to force the use of a specific runonce settings file.
- New context variables for Visual Basic Scripting (DocumentName, DocumentAuthor, DocumentCreationDate)
- Updated translations (Estonian, Romanian)
- Fix: Option dialog reported a runtime error 91 when closed.
- New macro context variables ErrorNumber, ErrorDescription, and ErrorSource.
- New settings RunOnSuccessMode, RunOnErrorMode, and AfterPrintProgramMode.
- New setup command line switches GSLiteURL and GSLiteDownloadMode.
- Registers .NET API for use in Visual Studio 2008.
- Fix: The RunOnError command line is now executed if a macro raises an error.
- Fix: Both OnSuccess and OnError event handlers fired on error and success.
- Fix: RunOnErrorDir was ignored and the RunOnError was set as default dir.
- Updated translations (Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Afrikaans, Spanish, Finnish, Croatian, German, Portuguese - Brazil, Portuguese - Portugal, Greek, Slovenian, Indonesian, Polish, French, Turkish, Chinese - simplified, Chinese - traditional, Italian).
- New <app> macro added to represent the application folder where gui.exe is installed.
- Fix of error when output format is different from PDF and encryption was enabled.
- Fix of problem with the Save As dialog.
- Updated translations (Norwegian, Finnish, British English, Australian English, Lithuanian).
- New wipemethod=3pass setting is now supported to do a 3 pass wipe of temporary files created during PDF or image creation.
- Settings RunOnSuccess, RunOnSuccessDir, RunOnError, RunOnErrorDir, AfterPrintProgram, AfterPrintProgramDir and StatusFile now support macro substitution.
- Fix for reading Unicode postscript properties written using octal numbers on Windows 2000.
- Fix for missing text on buttons on Windows 2000.
- Fix for selecting the correct file extension when using the Save As dialog.
- Problem where the installer reported "Not implemented" has been fixed.
- Updated translations (Croatian, Hebrew, Thai, Turkish, Romanian, Greek).
- Fix of error 429 when using ActiveX object 'BioPdf.PdfWriter.Xmp' on 64 bit systems.
- Updated translations (Brazilian Portuguese, Slovenian, Ukrainian, British English, Australian English, Polish, Japanese).
- Digitally signed setup program.
- Updated translations (Hungarian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Swedish, German, Spanish, Italian, Serbian).
- Improved handling of Unicode in GUI.
- Support for Ghostscript 8.70.
- New feature: Create linearized PDF files for optimized web viewing.
- Fix: Patching PDFA XMP data structure when using non western code pages.
- New feature: Show list of page thumb nail images when opening the PDF.
- Fixed Thai translation.
- Updated translations (Hungarian, Estonian, Finnish, Arabic, Traditional Chinese, Greek, Catalan, Turkish).
- Improved handling of Unicode document titles.
- Allows appending with the same file name as the output even if the append file doesn't exist.
- GUI.EXE parameter names are no longer case sensitive.
- Advanced printer setting 'ICM Method' now defaults to 'ICM Disabled'.
- Advanced printer setting 'TrueType Font Download Option' now defaults to 'Outline'.
- New setup command line switch /PRESERVEDEFAULTPRINTER.
- The user's advanced settings are now reset during installation.
- Setup will default to paper size A4 unless the locale indicates USA or Canada.
- Setup can now distribute content to the special folders 'Application Data', 'Common Application Data', and 'Local Application Data'.
- Non translated setup messages will be shown in English instead of showing up as blank.
- Color problem when printing red on Windows XP has been fixed.
- Added translation (Thai).
- Updated translations (Japanese, Afrikaans, German, Hebrew, Slovak, Swedish, Dutch, Russian, Danish, Bulgarian, Norwegian, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian).
- Setup detects if gslite.exe is outdated.
- Fix: Encoding of setup texts fixes the display of garbage.
- Unicode output file names support when running witout GUI.
- Unicode messages suported.
- Updated translations (Czech, French, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Spanish).
- Official support for Windows 7.
- Microsoft.NET API was introduced.
- Ini files settings.ini, runonce.ini, global.ini, defaults.ini, and user.ini have changed location.
- Ini files no longer have the printer name in their file name.
- Status file now supports Unicode and UTF-8 encoding with descriptors.
- MessageCode and MessageText added in the status file.
- Better support for Unicode in PDF/A XMP structure.
- Auto detect Unicode or UTF-8 encoding of ini files.
- The use of cmd /c for starting external programs was removed to allow command lines containing & and other special chars
- Improvement of the smarttitle macro. It now removes additional Microsoft Office extensions.
- Australian English language was added.
- UK English language was added.
- Farsi language was added.
- Other translations were updated.
- Experimental support for PDF/A-1b document standard.
- New setting 'icc' to specify color profile for PDF/A creation.
- New setting 'format' is used to specify pdfa1b when creating PDF/A-1b documents.
- New setting 'AutoRotatePages' to control automatic page orientation.
- New setting 'Orientation' to control fixed page orientation.
- New /PreserveDefaultPrinter command line switch for the setup program.
- Hindi language was added.
- Requires latest gslite 8.64 or full Ghostscript 8.64 or later.
- Support for Adobe Normalizer as document converter instead of Ghostscript.
- Merge operation allows Postscript files as input in addition to PDF files.
- Superimpose operation allows Encapsulated Postscript as input in addition to PDF files.
- Postscript added as output type. New devices are pswrite and psraw.
- A new file name macro <smarttitle> was added to remove strings like "Microsoft Word -" from the document title.
- Translation updates.
- New gslite.exe distribution to fix performance problems on Citrix installations where the C drive is a mapped client drive.
- Translation updates.
- Experimental support for Windows 7 beta.
- Fix for problem with creating folders on UNC paths.
- Translation updates (Swedish, Norwegian).
- Error when saving a document to the root folder of a drive has been fixed.
- New defaults.ini file introduced to override default values.
- Creates output folder if it doesn't exist.
- Ignores missing merge files when controlled via runonce.ini.
- If Scripting is not available then all VB Script macros will result in an empty string.
- New Esperanto translation.
- Translation updates (Afrikaans, Croatian, Estonian, Hebrew, Slovak, Turkish).
- The Save As dialog now selects the output format based on the file name extension.
- Implementation of the DeviceList setting was improved.
- Problem with diagonal strange black dots should be solved.
- Translation updates (Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian, Dutch, Vietnamese, Latvian).
- VBScript macros and events are now supported. This extends the programmatic control you have over the PDF Writer.
- New setting: LicenseFile. With this setting you can specify which license to use. This feature is meant for a redistribution scenario.
- New setting: MacroDir. This controls where the VBScript macros and event handlers are loaded from.
- New setting: ExtractText. The printer can now extract text information from the print job. This text can be parsed and values can be extracted and used as macros such as author or title.
- Translation updates (Estonian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Finnish).
- Multi merge feature released. more...
- Translation updates (Italian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Swedish, French, Slovenian, Czech).
- Translation updates (Brazilian Portuguese, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese).
- Translation updates (Russian, Japanese, Portuguese).
- Translation updates (Serbian, Polish).
- Translation updates (Italian, Spanish, Portuguese).
- ConfirmOverwrite setting is now supported in unattended mode. Use ConfirmOverwrite=no if you want to overwrite the destination file without a prompt.
- Translation updates (Russian).
- Aviod detection as a virus for F-Secure users.
- Fix in config.exe to allow mixed case parameter values.
- Translation updates (Catalan).
- Driver settings USERTEMP and USERDATA are no longer supported.
- Improvements for PDF Printer redistribution and customization.
- Installation and unstallation now supports multiple instances of the program installed on the same computer.
- Registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Print \ Printers \ Bullzip PDF Printer \ AppFolder is now written to associate the installed printer with a specific program folder.
- Uninstall only removes printers where the AppFolder registry value matches the application folder being uninstalled.
- /NOHOMEPAGEICON command line switch for the setup program. The home page icon will not be installed in the start menu when this parameter is specified.
- Translation updates (Estonian, Vietnamese)
- Registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Bullzip \ PDF Printer \ Settings \ GhostscriptFolder is no longer added by the setup program when it installs Ghostscript.
- New compatibilitylevel setting. It will control the PDF compatibility level. Valid values are 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5. This setting can also be controlled from the GUI.
- Support for the <pageno> macro in the PDF output file name. This will split the resulting PDF document into one file per page.
- Updated translations.
- Superimpose on top of printout is now supported. With this you can superimpose on print jobs from Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Tab order fixed.
- Setup customization through setup.ini.
- Multiple printers can be installed using the /PRINTERNAME="Printer1,Printer2" setup command line switch.
- Major version changed from 5 to 6.
- Freeware license was limited to 10 users.
- Dependency on the Microsoft Scripting Dictionary component was removed.
- Better support for Adobe PageMaker. Use "general" PPD setting in printing dialog.
- More image formats are now supported (BMP, JPEG, PCX, PDF, PNG, TIFF).
- GUI now supports creation of image formats.
- Resolution can be specified for background PDF documents in superimpose operation.
- <desktop> macro was changed from special folder CSIDL_DESKTOP to CSIDL_DESKTOPDIRECTORY.
- Correction of "Error 53: File not found" during cleanup in temporary files.
- Fix of problem with strange characters overlaying the finished PDF document.
- Multiple /PRINTERNAME can be specified during setup to install more than one printer. (* only available in custom builds and bioPDF PDF Writer)
- Uninstall will remove all printers attached to the uninstalled port.
- Dialog control identifiers have been modified to support hiding and disabling.
- If no email@example.com file is found it will fall back to search for global.ini.
- Translations added (Norwegian - nynorsk).
- Translations updated (Norwegian - bokmål).
- Translations added (Bosnian, Slovenian).
- Translations updated (Polish, Italian).
- Ini files are now coupled to the printer name. Ex. settings@MyPDFCreator.ini will hold settings for a printer named MyPDFCreator.
- Contents of an App folder placed next to the setup program is copied to the program folder during installation. (* only available in custom builds and bioPDF PDF Writer)
- Problem with ini files written as Unicode has been fixed. The problem was introduced in version 22.214.171.1244.
- AfterPrintProgram is now run in case of success. This was disabled by a programming error.
- New experimental settings (hidetabs, hidecontrols, disablecontrols).
- Translations updated (Korean).
- Version number is written to printer comment field during installation.
- Translations updated (Arabic, Greek, Portuguese-Brazil).
- Support for programmatic creation of JPEG, TIFF, and PNG image files instead of PDF documents.
- New settings: res, resx, resy, textalphabits, graphicsalphabits, device, and statusfile.
- Translations updated (Spanish, Slovak).
- Translations added (Ukrainian, Korean).
- Problem with installing olepro32.dll on Vista should be fixed.
- "Save As" dialog shows in front of the printing application in Windows Vista.
- Translations updated (Afrikaans, Russian).
- /PAPERSIZE installation switch added.
- Translations updated (Czech, Finnish, Galician, Simplified Chinese).
- Registration of comdlg32.ocx changed to avoid launching other Windows Installers.
- Translations updated (Norwegian, Traditional Chinese).
- Translations updated (Dutch, Indonesian, Polish).
- Translations updated (Hebrew, Japanese, Portuguese).
- Translations updated (Turkish, Latvian).
- Bulgarian translation completed.
- Swedish translation completed.
- Portuguese (Brazil) translation completed.
- Polish translation completed.
- Japanese translation completed.
- Hungarian translation completed.
- Catalan translation completed.
- Bulgarian translation completed.
- German translation completed.
- Error 53 when merging with other documents has been fixed.
- Automatic download and installation of Ghostscript Lite distribution.
- Progress indicator is now shown it the system tray.
- Balloon tip notification when the PDF is created.
- More work done on the Visual Basic Script macros.
- New settings supported: showprogress, showprogressfinished, runonerror, runonerrordir, runonsuccess, and runonsuccessdir.
- Fix: Earlier versions could sometimes remove custom defined paper sizes for other printers during installation.
- Watermarks now use TrueType fonts instead of Ghostscript fonts.
- Requires Ghostscript 8.50 or later.
- Runtime error 380 should no longer occur during startup.
- Fix for dialog sizes on remote desktop connections.
- The settings UseDefaultAuthor and UseDefaultTitle now defaults to no.
- Security, Zoom, and UseThumbs settings now also work when merging documents.
- New Feature: Remember last used folder name.
- New Feature: Remember last used file name.
- New Feature: PDF Watermarks/stamps can now be placed both over and under the normal print. This enables the use of PDF stamping the PDF files.
- New Feature: PDF Watermarks/stamps can use different colors, fonts and outline style.
- New Feature: PDF Watermarks/stamps can be placed anywhere on the page.
- New Feature: Open destination folder after PDF creation.
- Setting watermarksize is now obsolete use watermarkfontsize instead.
- Setting watermarktransparency is now obsolete use watermarkcolor instead.
- By default the watermark will now behave as a stamp and be placed on top of the print.
- Setting suppresserrors is default set to no.
- Setting usedefaultauthor is default set to yes.
- Setting usedefaulttitle is default set to yes.
- New setting watermarkcolor is now supported.
- New setting watermarkfontname is now supported.
- New setting watermarkfontsize is now supported.
- New setting watermarkoutlinewidth is now supported.
- New setting watermarklayer is now supported.
- New setting watermarkverticalposition is now supported.
- New setting watermarkhorizontalposition is now supported.
- New setting watermarkverticaladjustment is now supported.
- New setting watermarkhorizontaladjustment is now supported.
- New setting rememberlastfilename is now supported.
- New setting rememberlastfoldername is now supported.
- New setting zoom is now supported by the user interface.
- User's current selection of folder and file name are now saved in user.ini.
- Japanese language added.
- Supports printing in Window Vista Internet Explorer running in protected mode.
- Slovak language added.
- Improved memory handling when printing large documents.
- New Zoom setting to determine the initial zoom factor when a document is viewed.
- New UseThumbs setting to show thumbnail pictures of pages when a document is viewed.
- Polish language added.
- Discards abandoned jobs for improved stability on Citrix.
- Override port log file folder with registry setting.
- Support for debug mode in print monitor.
- Monitor removes postscript file if the job is discarded.
- Fix: Uninstall no longer removes additional printers.
- Fix: Setup program of version 126.96.36.1999 was not compressed.
- Specific background images for all pages. more...
- Instances are now recognized by the options dialog. more...
- UNC roots are now valid destinations.
- Arabic added as new language.
- Experimental support for named instances of the printer. This allows installation of multiple printers running with different settings.
- Support for file systems without support for 8.3 representation of long file names. Fixes problems in some Vista installations.
- Problems with installing msxml6.dll have been fixed.
- Improvements to Citrix installation to avoid the "The arguments are invalid" message.
- Dependency of Scripting.FileSystemObject has been removed.
- Improved encoding of the PDF property values such as title and author.
- Greek added as new language.
- Serbian added as new language.
- Swedish added as new language.
- Retries moving destination file if it is locked by Antivirus software for some time after generation.
- <basedocname> macro no longer contains the directory part.
- Introduction of global.ini.
- New GhostscriptTimeout setting in configuration files.
- New AfterPrintProgram setting in configuration files.
- New AfterPrintProgramDir setting in configuration files.
- New DisableOptionDialog setting in configuration files.
- PDF compatibility level changed from 1.4 to 1.6.
- Printing dialog now captures focus on Windows Vista.
- Forces target settings to lower case. This is done to make the programming interface more robust to mixed case in the target settings.
- Italian added as new language.
- Spanish added as new language.
- Simplified Chinese as new language.
- Traditional Chinese as new language.
- Use of /NOICONS during silent install will not install icons in start menu, desktop, and quick launch.
- Support for Scandinavian characters in watermarks.
- Additional architectural paper sizes ARCH E1 and ARCH E1 Half.
- Turkish added as new language.
- New printer driver (PPD file)
- More paper types supported (Letter, Ledger, Legal, A3, A4, A5, 11x17, Note, A2, A6, LetterSmall, A0, A1, A4Small, A7, A8, A9, A10, ISO B0, ISO B1, ISO B2, ISO B3, ISO B4, ISO B5, ISO B6, JIS B0, JIS B1, JIS B2, JIS B3, JIS B4, JIS B5, JIS , 6, C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, ARCHE, ARCHD, ARCHC, ARCHB, ARCHA, FLSA, FLSE, HalfLetter, PA4, and Custom Page Sizes)
- Specify PDF Settings (color model, image compression, compatibility, auto rotate pages, embedded fonts, subset fonts, and page compression)
- Placing a file named debug.txt in the program folder will set the program in debug mode.
- Russian and Hungarian added as new languages.
- Fix: Error message removed when installing on XP 64 bit.
- Fix: Specifying folders as default file names has been improved.
- Fix: Maximize button disabled in options dialog.
- Fix: Minor change in watermark routine.
- The printer has been localized to Portuguese (Brazil).
- Improvement: The output setting can be used to specify a default folder.
- The printer has been localized to German and Danish.
- /noghostscript parameter for setup program will skip the check for Ghostscript.
- Fix: Open PDF documents after printing.
- Fix: Removed dependency for Windows Scripting Host version 5.5.
- Fix: Spelling errors.
- Fix: In the previous version some jobs would lock the print spooler queue. This has now been fixed.
- Feature: The config.exe utility now supports /C that will remove all settings.
- Fix: Merging with a file that doesn't exist does no longer create an empty PDF file.
- Fix: The previous version could only detect Ghostscript 8.54.
- Fix: The config.exe utility reported an error when setting values.
- Fix in detection of 32-bit Ghostscript on x64 systems.
- Fix in detection of Ghostscript on x64 systems.
- Extra error handling added.
- No compatibility with older versions!
- Graphical user interface added.
- Major rewrite of the printer driver.
- Support for Citrix MetaFrame.
- Support for Windows Terminal Server.
- COM/ActiveX interface for programmatic control was added.
- Improved setup program.
- Support for Windows Vista x64 (64 bit edition).
- Support for Windows 2003 x64 (64 bit edition).
- New Feature: <basedocname> macro added for the Output setting.
- Support for Windows Vista.
- Shows messages and SaveAs dialogs in the user's context. In theory this should improve the support on Terminal Server and Citrix. However, it has not been tested.
- New Feature: The output name in the settings.ini can contain macro names such as <docname> and <date>, which will be substituted with the actual document name and current date when the PDF document is generated.
- Misc. fixes.
- Fix: Reads Author, CreationDate, Creator, Keywords, ModDate, Subject, Target and Title form settings.ini.
- New Feature: Output quality control.
- New Feature: 40 bit and 128 bit password encryption.
- New Feature: Access permissions.
- New Feature: Watermarks.
- New Feature: Superimpose PDF documents.
- New Feature: Set document properties.
- Fixes in the printer driver.
- Setup program improved to solve problems on Windows XP Home.
- The printer driver now works with all Ghostscript 8.x versions.
- Users no longer need admin privileges in order to use the printer driver.
- Settings are no longer written to registry. They are now written to settings.ini in the data folder below the application folder.
- Temp files are now written to the temp folder below the application folder.
- CONFIG is no longer depending on the missing MFC71.DLL.
- Support for the settings: AfterPrintProgram, GhostscriptFolder, Output, SettingsProgram, ShowPDF and WorkArea.
- CONFIG program to change settings.
- Setup now also support Windows 2000 and 2003.
Bullzip wants to send a special thanks to the people who help us make the products better.
- Afrikaans - Jacques Roux, Moolman Oliver, Raymond Botha
- Arabic (Saudi Arabia) - Salim Derguini, Ali Barrak
- Bosnian translation - Adnan Miljkovic
- Bulgarian translation - Martin Kostov, Alexander Dimitrov, Miro Igov
- Catalan translation - Cesc Beltran, lluis Jaime López, Ignasi Lluch
- Chinese (Simplified) translation - Adamson Huang, Stephen Chan, Hua Dong
- Chinese (Traditional) translation - Adamson Huang, James from Taiwan, Wolf Chou
- Croatian translation - Ante Spajic
- Czech translation - Janoušek Ivo, Petr Å koda, Pavel Poles
- Dutch translation - Peter Vleeshakker, Koen Van Hoeck, Michiel, Dries Deronde
- Galician translation - Ricardo Santiago Mozos
- Esperanto translation - Vitor Luiz Rigoti dos Anjos
- Estonian translation - Aigari Kammer
- French translation - David Albertini, Laurent Quenette, Sylvain Ménard, Pierre le Lidgeu
- Finnish translation - Aleksi Heinonen, Juuso Takalainen
- German translation - Dominik Kleine, Andreas Brenner, Michael Hüthe, Alexander Strauß, Melanie Breuer
- Greek translation - Costas Stefanatos
- Hebrew translation - Omri Raisman, Assaf Prussak, Shimmy Weitzhandler, Dan Maxim
- Hungarian translation - Krisztian Hegedus, Adam Vegh, Kladek András
- Indonesian translation - Pandu E Poluan, Wempi Naviera
- Italian translation - Giampaolo Frello, Marco Ardito, Alessio Bottazzi, Gino Zamprogna, Graziano Rossi, Davide Cremonesi, Enrico Galletti
- Japanese translation - Nardog, Masayuki Nozawa, Koba Takeshi, T. Maeda
- Korean translation - ekdrms211, Shostakovich
- Latvian translation - Zagorskis Edgars, Peter Brasla
- Norwegian translation - Øystein Toen, Espen Fosse, Haakon R. Lockert
- Norwegian (nynorsk) translation - Espen Fosse
- Polish translation - Tomasz Kossut, Damian, Rafal Siedlak, Michal Brozyna
- Portuguese (Brazil) translation - Paulo Neto, Mauricio Almeida, Ivan Pereira, Alvaro Jose Abackerli, Daniel de Freitas Leite
- Portuguese (Portugal) translation - Luís Barreto, Rui Lima de Almeida
- Russian translation - Andrey Baranov, Jura Gura, Josef Viller, Alexander Khabarov, Kalashnikoff Evgeny
- Romanian translation - Stefan Savu, Ciprian Junca
- Serbian translation - Sasa Stojanovic, Igor Stanisic
- Slovak translation - Janoušek Ivo, Tomas Hasko, Stanislava Jurinova
- Slovenian translation - Tic Tomaž Bric
- Spanish translation - Tito Berli, Jason Becker, Felipe Lugo, David Cantón, Ivan Vojvodic, Gustavo del Dago
- Swedish translation - Fredrik Fagerlund, Björn Rydh, Karl-Johan Pantzar, Christian Andersson
- Thai translation - Manoch Somsax
- Turkish translation - Can Guldogan, Can Sayin, Mustafa Çelebi, Ersan Alfan, Serkan Taş
- Ukrainian translation - Alexander Khabarov, Svyatoslav Potyeyenko
- Vietnamese translation - Nguyen Thi Huyen Trang, Long Nguyen Vinh