The Global Shapers Community is a network of hubs developed and led by young people who are exceptional in their potential, their achievements and their drive to make a contribution to their communities.
Shapers are selected on the basis of their exceptional achievements, leadership potential, and commitment to making a difference. Care is taken to ensure a diverse composition of professional and personal interests, as well as gender, social, economic, and other forms of diversity.
Shapers come from all walks of life bet share a spirit of entrepreneurship in the public interest. All members of the Community adhere to the highest standards of moral and intellectual integrity.
If you are interested in applying for the Global Shapers Community, please send your resume and a cover letter using this link: http://www.globalshapers.org/apply. Please select the city where you live to contact the relevant Hub. All selection takes place on the local level and each Hub runs its own nomination and selection process.
The Global Shapers Community is an Initiative of the World Economic Forum.
Past Competitions and Winners
- JFTC Essay Competition 2017
- "The Ideal Future Free Trade System – Tasks and Solutions –"
- JFTC Essay Competition 2016
- "Searching for a New Initiative in Global Trade and the Role of Japanese Companies"
- JFTC Essay Competition 2015
- "Promoting Globalization within Japan:
An action plan to attract overseas investment, human resources, and other resources"
- JFTC Essay Competition 2014
- Topic 1 — Future of the “SHOSHA” in the Global Economy
Topic 2 — Toward Developing Japan’s “Resources” by 2020: A Strategy for Utilizing Them for the Benefit of the World
- JFTC Essay Competition 2013
- “Japan's policy direction in the global economy
－ Growth strategy to revitalize the economy and Japan's contribution to the world －”
- JFTC Essay Competition 2012
- “Strategies for a Depopulating Japan”
- JFTC Essay Competition 2011
- “Vision for a New Japan after 3.11”
- JFTC Essay Competition 2010
- “Reconstruction of Japan: Prescription to Transcend a Downsized Japan”
- JFTC Essay Competition 2009
- "How Should Global Capitalism be Corrected - Japan' s Role and Mission"
- JFTC Essay Competition 2008
- "The Possibility of 'Japanese-Style Business Models' for Preserving the Earth"
- JFTC Essay Competition 2007
- "Global Capitalism and Japanese Companies"
- JFTC Essay Competition 2006
- "The Potential of Brand Japan"
- JFTC Essay Competition 2005
- "Globalization and Japanese Companies"